Friday, April 29, 2005

There are Two Elephants in my Sitting Room

There are two elephants in my sitting room. One is a noisy and sleepless little blighter, scarcely two years old. The other - a huge and venerable beast - snoozes quietly.

The first persistently reminds me of my family's big day out of 15 February 2003. The second of 18 long years of Tory mismanagement and greed.

The way things were under Howard and Thatcher.

Sleeping now, but the broken tusks and raw scars remind me that the great beast is more of a war elephant than his little room mate.

As you will know by now, I am convinced. We need to re-elect Labour for the sake of pensioners, patients, children and those facing poverty or recently rescued from it.

We were right about the war. We don't need to help a Tory government in through the muddle to prove that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home