Thursday, May 05, 2005

SNWDWVF : Press Accreditation

On Wednesday I had gone into the Press Office to apply for accreditation. Chris from there rang me during the day to confirm a pass would be ready to collect.

SNWDWVF (Labour Blog) are now recognised as a bonafide press organisation.

Towards midnight I went to the Press Room and was ushered round the Town Hall until we found my man. What I really wanted was web access so I could blog from the count. But that wasn't going to happen it seemed.

But there was some excitement as ITN and BBC stringers were competing for the hottest coverage. And by now it seemed certain that one of the five "safe" Labour seats was actually going to go to the wire.

The press room had sandwiches, hot and cold drinks, later beer included, but I decided to rise above this and just report the events soberly, as I saw them. Without taking blandishments from any Town Hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home