Saturday, April 30, 2005

Vote-OK and Countryside Alliance : Tally Ho!

The Guardian lead with a story about how hunt supporters are organising to take out a few anti-hunting Lab and Lib Dem seats and install pro-hunt Tories.

I know a thing or two about this campaign in Manchester and will come back to it later. Just as soon as I've helped fold 12,000 letters and stuff 12,000 envelopes in our bid to get Tony Lloyd re-elected. And I'll need to track down Kevin from the Wythenshawe lurcher and terrier crew for the latest.

***

I'm back though I haven't cuaght up with Kevin just yet. The deal being offered to opponents of the loyalist and pro-ban Paul Goggins and the ultra-loyalist and rabid anti-hunt Sir Gerald Kaufman is that up to 150 rabbiters per constituency will turn out and work on the doorstep or dropping leaflets for any candidate who will agree to back repeal of the Hunting With Dogs Act.

My belief is that they're all rabbit here. Though they may unseat a few anti-hunt candidates in the shires this lobby are unlikely to get a kill in Manchester seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home