Sunday, May 01, 2005

Stalking Horse, or Donkey

Various conversations and email exchanges now about the Blair succession. Will it be sooner rather than later? I think yes. Would Blair have resigned if advice had been leaked or published earlier? I think no. Can this be done within 100 days as my spread betting comrade believes? I think possibly.

What's needed is a stalking horse.

There is a certain amount of speculation about who may stand in the real selection. Cook perhaps? Probably too senior for a stalking horse. Some say too annoying for a real candidate. Peter Hain maybe? He is certainly after advancement.

It really is hard to see where a hard left candidate would come from.

It may be down to one of the more reasonable rebels to step forward and do the deed.

But then I do think we are going to get Brown, barring adverse events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home